Author Topic: Workshops in May / April in Berlin by Make! Skilled Hands  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
Workshops in May / April in Berlin by Make! Skilled Hands
« on: March 17, 2014, 09:02:40 AM »
Waah … there is a series of really interesting workshops in April / May in Berlin, one of which competes directly wih the one with Michael Sull and Barbara Calzolari about which I can find no information on the Internet … so I am really thinking of participating in the one about Cancellaresca.

The themes / hands are: Foundational with Laura Di Piazza (beginner); Copperplate with Laura Di Piazza (beginner, I think? Not specified); Brush Lettering with Carl Fredrik Angell, aka. “Frisso” (Basic introduction); and Littera Cancelleresca (= Italic, but as Giuseppe Salerno also told me once "We don't call Italic Italic in Italy" ;D) with Giovanni de Faccio.

http://make-skilledhands.squarespace.com/programm
Stefanie :: Website :: Blog :: Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Workshops in May / April in Berlin by Make! Skilled Hands
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 11:32:42 AM »
Oh my goodness - my heart sings with joy when I see Laura Di Piazza's name! She sent me my very first John Neal Catalogue! I thought she had sent me a slice of heaven! I still have her note...will have to dig it up!

What a great opportunity! I hope you are able to attend. And if you do, hope you will share with us all of the amazement!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 03:46:31 PM »
Oh MY goodness, now I really don't know what to do!! It is so rare that there are calligraphy workshops AT ALL here, and now there are several in a very small time period! That is really difficult to decide, obviously I can't attend all that I would like to … I would so much love to learn the basics of broad pen, not by a book but by a person, and so that Cancellaresca sounds great too, especially as he seems to teach very close to the historical original hands!

Offline Lisa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 01:06:04 PM »
Why, oh why do I just see this now? T_T
I am sorry for commenting on this older topic again…but this is such a bummer!
Estefa: It is really strange that calligraphy workshops around here are so rare - I would have thought with all the creative people in Berlin they would be very successful!

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 04:51:22 PM »
Hi Lisa, yes what a pity … and I met one of the organizers of the workshops at an exhibition (cause I honestly couldn't make it to any for personal reason … April is full of birthdays in our family, Easter holidays plus 1. Mai holidays … it just didn't work out). At any case, Elena even told me they had to cancel all workshops, because there were not enough reservations!? I guess calligraphy is still or nowadays quite a a Nischendisziplin in Germany … she also told me maybe they hadn't advertised it enough.

I'll let you know when I hear of something ;)!