Author Topic: Light pad recommendations  (Read 967 times)

Offline JH

• View Profile
Light pad recommendations
« on: May 19, 2020, 09:02:50 PM »
I've read through postings from a few years ago regarding light pads and am wondering if you have any updated recommendations about Daylight Wafer vs. Huion vs. TikTek.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Light pad recommendations
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 12:23:09 PM »
This is a great question - thank you for posting this. I have been wondering myself as the one I have - the cord is starting to blink out on me. Before I buy another one, I am curious to see others’ thoughts.  :D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 09:58:03 AM »
I've read through postings from a few years ago regarding light pads and am wondering if you have any updated recommendations about Daylight Wafer vs. Huion vs. TikTek.
I've used a LightPad 940 by Artograph for quite a few years and have had no problems with it at all. The 940 is the 12x17 inch size which allows one to work on larger pieces and function as a desk top, ie. you can rest your arm on it, so the thickness (5/8th inch) is not an issue.  It's very bright, shining through most papers (even 32 lb and 100 lb stock I use for cards when I'm using guidelines and a piece of blotter paper as a cushion). You can get an optional battery pack that allows it to be taken to places without electricity. The led's are good for 50,000 hours, they say, which is 4 hours a day for 35 years. Cost is around $200. Worth the price.
@JanisTX Are you still using the 940 you bought in 2014?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 10:06:51 AM by AnasaziWrites »

D B Holtz

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 04:38:49 PM »
I have the Artograph LightPad 930, the 9x12 version, and agree completely with AnasaziWrites.  The only time it is not bright enough is when I have the afternoon sun directly through the window onto my desk, but a quick flick of the curtains fixes that problem.

DB

Offline Elizabeth O.

• View Profile
    • Elizabeth Oxenfeld
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 04:42:40 PM »
I use the Artograph...and I've used a Huion before.  My Huion had powercord issues within less than 2 years, but the Artograph is going strong! 

I do miss the wafer thinness of the Huion...and the adjustability of the light strength with the Huion was nice, too...I do think it got brighter than the Artograph...it just didn't last a long time because of the power cord connection! 

I totally want to follow along and see what other people have to say on this one!  ;D
All my best -- Elizabeth O.

Website | Instagram

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 06:51:16 AM »
I bought a Huion light table in A2 size in 2017 – my son has the same in A3. Both are still fine and work nicely! But I don't use it daily …(The sizes are a bit smaller than actually A2 re A3 though!)
Stefanie :: Website :: Blog :: Instagram

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 01:27:48 PM »
I have my Huion since at least 3 years ago. I don’t use it daily now but it had about a year or so with quite heavy use. It works perfectly fine and I am happy with it. Nothing to complain.
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals