Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Kind Critique / Re: Nay worries - I can take it.
« Last post by Erica McPhee on Today at 11:16:59 AM »
Oh Mark - this is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you! And I can feel your happiness radiating through. Please take it slow and don't overdo it. Wishing you many happy hours enjoying your Fish Room and all you hold dear.  :-*
Copperplate, Engrosser's Script, Roundhand Calligraphy / Flowers
« Last post by Ken Fraser on May 17, 2024, 04:08:47 PM »
Flowers
Kind Critique / Re: Nay worries - I can take it.
« Last post by Mark T on May 17, 2024, 03:32:52 PM »
I'm happier than a dog with two of them, and I'm not talking tails.
I go into a wheelchair tomorrow for the first time in over two years and I get to see the inside of my house. Can't get into the kitchen as the door opening is fine but the kitchen cupboards will restrict the entry, but the best thing is, and I had smoke in my eyes when I thunked of it - I can get into my swim (spare bedroom named after a fishing area and used as my man cave full of guitars, amps and matchsticks. Thousands and thousands of matchsticks) where I can put all of my calligraphy items, pads, nib holders, nibs, inks - basically all my 'writing paraphenalia'. I can't tell you how happy I am to be able to finally use my lightbox on a flat surface, but most of all - to start all over again teaching my hand/wrist/forearm/shoulder to become one. My wife has been told to only interrupt me tomorrow if the cat has its tail stuck in the mangle. I don't have a cat. I don't have a mangle either come to think of it. Anyway - tomorrow I intend to start my practice with a vengeance/passion, such was my passing comment several months back in regards to hours spent practicing.
Knowing what to write, I thunked was going to be an issue, but then it sprung up between the eyes.
I need to do the alphabet and the drills properly - with the surface horizontal instead of struggling at an angle.
Now I can say my journey officially starts.
My wife is really happy, too.
Not because I'm now able to get out/off the bed to be able to do my calligraphy and flourishing, but using her words,...... "Does this mean I don't have to try and get ink spots off the bed sheets and quilt cover anymore" ;D ;D ;D
I don't recall what my reply to that was, but it must have been bad 'cos I've only just came round. ;) ;D
Tonight I prep and choose the ink I wish to use.

Mark
Copperplate, Engrosser's Script, Roundhand Calligraphy / Re: G and G
« Last post by Mark T on May 17, 2024, 02:26:15 PM »
@Ken Fraser I’m with you!  I love Spencerian majiscules & Copperplate minuscules!  I know that it’s “against the rules”, but rules are meant to be broken! 😃.

Rules are for other people, Janis.
Well, tiz in my world!  ;D :) ;)
« Last post by JanisTX on May 17, 2024, 12:00:06 PM »
@Ken Fraser I’m with you!  I love Spencerian majiscules & Copperplate minuscules!  I know that it’s “against the rules”, but rules are meant to be broken! 😃.
« Last post by Ken Fraser on May 17, 2024, 04:48:01 AM »
LOVE this! My parents were George and Gail.  And my mom goes by GG to the grandkids. Love seeing these two different G’s together.  :)
I really like the Spencerian majuscules - in fact I sometimes prefer them to the conventional Copperplate majuscules with Copperplate minuscules (sacrilege).
« Last post by Erica McPhee on May 16, 2024, 11:56:17 AM »
LOVE this! My parents were George and Gail.  And my mom goes by GG to the grandkids. Love seeing these two different G’s together.  :)
Copperplate, Engrosser's Script, Roundhand Calligraphy / G and G
« Last post by Ken Fraser on May 16, 2024, 05:03:17 AM »
Two Gs  Spencerian and Copperplate
Show & Tell / Re: Hotel Menu
« Last post by JanisTX on May 13, 2024, 10:15:00 PM »
That’s lovely!  I particularly like that gorgeous “l”!
Show & Tell / Re: Chef's Menu
« Last post by Mark T on May 13, 2024, 10:58:30 AM »
That is really pretty to the eye.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10